Friday, April 26, 2013

"Through The Looking Glass", by Annie Reynolds






















    The purpose of this project was to create a distorted yet pleasing view of the human form. This idea came to me when I was making faces at one of my friends through a huge jar that had previously been used as a fish tank. I quickly realized that the way the jar distorted my features would make for an interesting photograph, and I proceeded to experiment with this jar and many other glass pieces. The first three photographs are of a dear friend who was willing to model for me, and the last four are self-portraits. The part of the face that is distorted by glass is meant to represent the raw, almost dark side of the individual, with the glass serving as a window to the frequently hidden part of the human nature. After discovering the meaning behind each photograph, "Through The Looking Glass" seemed like an appropriate name for the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment